Our states’ family laws are antiquated and need reform.
SB 668 PASSES THE HOUSE FLOOR AND HEADS TO GOVERNOR for SIGNATURE
SB 668 HAS CLEARED THE SENATE AND HOUSE FLOORS!
SB was passed by The House Floor today 03/08/2016.
What happens now?
SB 668 now goes to the Governor for signature. After the Bill lands on the Governor’s desk, he will have 15 days to sign it, veto it, or do nothing. If he signs or does nothing, the Bill passes.
NOW IS CRUNCH TIME!!
Once again the Family Section of the Florida Bar has opposed our bill, even though the time sharing language does not contain a rebuttable presumption.They have already written Governor Scott asking him to, once again, VETO our bill.
The National Organization of Women (NOW) is opposed to our bill and will also demand that Governor Scott Veto the bill.
One more time, I must ask you——If you want alimony reform—-to:
CONTACT GOVERNOR SCOTT NOW RESPECTFULLY ASKING THAT HE SUPPORT THIS ALIMONY REFORM AND TIME SHARING REFORM and SIGN SB 668 INTO LAW.
We have to be louder and more persistent than ever!!
Don’t wait! Do this now and continue to do this on a daily basis until our bill is signed into law. We need to show Governor Scott just what a force we can be.
While ten contested races sounds like a high number, it’s not. In 2006, there were 16 contested races; in 2012 there were 12 contests; and in 2008 there were also 10. Anyone remember the likes of Shirlyon McWhorter, Stephen Millan, Michael Samuels, Migna Sanchez Llorens, Bonnie Rippingile, Josie Velis, Gina Mendez, and Jose Sanchez-Gronlier. Those were just some of the losers in 2006.
Here are your contested judicial races:
Circuit Group 9 – Incumbent Jason Bloch v. Marcia Del Rey
Circuit Group 30 – Incumbent Rosa Rodriguez v. Daniel Espinosa
Circuit Group 34 – Mark Blumstein v. Renee Gordon v. Denise Martinez-Scanziani v. Luis Perez-Medina. (Judge Gill Freeman retiring).
Circuit Group 52 – Rosy Aponte v. Carol “Jodie” Breece v. Oscar Rodriguez-Fonts. (Judge Michael Genden retiring).
Circuit Group 66 – Incumbent Robert Luck v. Yolly Roberson
Circuit Group 74 – Incumbent George “Jorge” Sarduy v. Elena Ortega-Tauler
County Group 5 – Incumbent Fred Seraphin v. Milena Abreu
County Group 7 – Incumbent Ed Newman v. Lizzett Martinez
County Group 15 – Ruben Yury Alcoba v. Linda Luce (Judge Judith Rubenstein retiring).
County Group 35 – Incumbent Wendell Graham v. Antonio “Tony” Jimenez
ELECTED WITHOUT OPPOSITION …..
Congratulations to the following 17 Judges/former Judge who have been elected to a six year term with an annual salary of $146,080 (Circuit Court) and $138,020 (County Court):
Rodolfo “Rudy” Ruiz
David Young* (former Judge)
Samantha Ruiz Cohen
Laura Anne Stuzin
FERNANDEZ RUNDLE & MARTINEZ BOTH REELECTED
Also elected without opposition were State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle and Public Defender Carlos Martinez. For Carlos, who was first elected in 2008, this is his third term. For Kathy, who is 66 years young, this is her seventh term. She took over for Janet Reno in 1993 when President Clinton names Reno as Attorney General. She was then elected in 1994 and reelected six more times. Is this her final term? What do you think?
NORTH OF THE BORDER
A lot of movement has taken place over the past few days in both the County Court and Circuit Court judicial races.
There are various types of court hearings in family law and each serves a different purpose. Cordell & Cordell family law attorney Rebecca DeVincent joins DadsDivorce Live to explain the difference between each type of hearing, what the purpose of each is and what you can expect to happen at each one.
…Koziol Seeks Removal of Another
Just when you thought it was safe to return to court, along comes another example of misconduct and gross incompetence which we have targeted in the Syracuse Onondaga County Family Court. Parents entering this arena are at risk of similar victimization and should pass out flyers at the courthouse steps to demand corrective action on a daily basis. The people of Syracuse, New York must take a hard look at what is happening in their public system of justice.
After going through nearly 30 trial level judges in the past seven years of a once uncontested divorce, Leon Koziol has announced that enough is enough. No more payments will be made to this “child support” bureaucracy fraudulently declaring itself to be acting in the “best interests of our children.” A letter has been issued directly to a support magistrate demanding his resignation after another judge, Bryan Hedges, of the…
View original post 353 more words
Malachi’s Law « We The Families
Malachi’s Law « We The Families
The bill will:
1. Design a “three strikes” for custodial parents who intend to subvert visitation with the non custodial parent and the child.
2. Visitation exchanges will occur at a location in the local police department. Each parent will identify themselves using a fingerprint scanner. Name, date will be recorded into a database.
3. Strike one. Custodial or non custodial parent does not show for the visitation exchange.
4. Strike two. Custodial parent does not show up for the visitation exchange. Child support obligations for the non custodial parent are relieved that month, and will resume the following month.
5. Strike three. Custodial parent does not show up for the visitation exchange, triggering a third degree felony for T.I.C.K – Tortious Interference Child Kidnapping. The State Attorney or Prosecutor will file charges on the custodial parent for T.I.C.K.
6. Exceptions will be made as necessary for health emergencies.
7. Immunity for State Attorneys, Attorneys and Judges will be removed if those parties fail to enforce T.I.C.K. Complaints for violations by any party including Judges and attorneys will be maintained in the T.I.C.K database, available as public information for no charge.
8. Non custodial parents who do not appear for parenting time at the exchange will trigger a 50% increase in child support for that month, since the burden of support will be on the custodial parent.
The Child’s Puppet Master, is the alienating parent. This is the parent who bestows power unto the children in the framework of a crusade of disparagement against another parent. This alienating parent writes the scripts, and the children acts on them to the detriment of the other parent, primarily in the context of custody litigation.
In fact, these protagonists repeat this denigration in order to maintain alienation. Yet, there are other dynamics that contribute to PAS that aren’t as obvious. One of which being the very child affected by PAS themselves through a loss of ambivalence. They are empowered by the precise programming of the alienating parent. Passivity on the part of the alienated parent has also been a factor attributing to PAS, as well as the judicators within the adversarial system.
The Alienating Parent’s Affects on Empowering the PAS Child
Has a judge violated your constitutional rights?
Have you been discriminated against by being treated differently than other people in similar situations by reason of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference or political opinion?
Have you lost certain rights without a meaningful hearing or even an opportunity to be heard?
Have you been deprived of any other constitutional protection?
Have you been subject to Court action for the purpose of intimidating you from exercising an opinion, or practicing your faith?
Don’t let them get away with it!
…IS A FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT
The Right of a Parent to make decisions regarding upbringing, education and care of their child AS A FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT.
Advancing the cause of Parental Rights. Law to establish the Right of a Parent to make decisions regarding upbringing, education and care of their child AS A FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT.
It does so all the while while protecting kids at risk, because it continues to allow the state to protect children when they are truly in jeopardy. But this law requires specific findings to be produced to overcome the fundamental right parents would have. It takes away the leeway that currently exists for state agencies to act arbitrarily.
To pass this legislation, it will require Passage through certain committees. The individuals who chair these committees decide what bills get discussed, and thus passed through to the house for a vote. So this next step is critical to the life of this effort for 2016 and 2017.
The Injustice of the Family Court System
World4Justice ~ Justice4Children Presents…
A Worldwide Event!
W r i t e O N E L e t t e r
The injustice of the Family Court System, and it’s agencies that are supposed to help children, are failing people on a daily basis and and in turn jeopardizing society as a whole! WE THE PEOPLE,
hereby dedicate ourselves and our efforts to the creation of a family law system, legislative system, and public awareness which promotes equal rights for ALL parties affected by divorce, and the breakup of a family or establishment of paternity. It is our belief through our involvement and dedication, we can have a positive effect on the emotional and psychological well-being of children.
- We believe equal, shared parenting time or joint custody is the optimal custody situation.
- We believe the best parent is both biological parents.
- We believe grandparents should have rights and access to their grandchildren.
- We believe gender bias should be eliminated from family law and from future legislation.
- We believe BOTH biological parents should be responsible for the emotional and psychological well-being of their children, as well as financially responsible.
- We believe in the concept of fairness and equity in support for ALL families; and, that all children involved in a blended family should have equal rights, and do deserve equal rights and equal protection under the law.
- We believe child support orders should be reasonable, realistically reflect the cost of the children’s basic needs, and reflect the relative parenting contribution of both parents in a shared parenting plan.
- We believe when parents are given equal rights, equal responsibility follows; when parents have equal access to their children and support levels are reasonable and reflect the true cost of raising a child, parents will comply with court orders.
- We believe when equity is created in our laws, the conflicts inherent in divorce situations dissolve and that, in the end, this is the greatest gift which we, as parents, could possibly bestow on our children.
What should I write?
Here is some suggested Language for your e-mail. Add edits as needed to personalize if desired. But remember – keep it short and to the point. Lengthy e mails lose their power because they are not likely to be read by the Representative or their staff.
Subject Line: Committee Chair –
Please Support Parental Rights
Dear Rep. (Their Last Name),
This e mail is to express my strong support for Parental Rights. I support it because I believe that Parents should have a fundamental right to direct the care, upbringing and education of their children.
If this important issue has been assigned to the committee that you currently chair. I respectfully ask that you allow Parental Rights to be discussed and voted on in your committee.
I look forward to seeing the Parental Rights Bill passed as Law this year!
Sincerely, (Your Name)
Also extend your gratitude to those supporting Parental Rights by sending a thank you note via e mail.
For The Cause of Liberty, Jim & Patti Sullivan Florida State Coordinators firstname.lastname@example.org